Office closure due to Covid 19 Coronavirus
This office will be closed from 3:00pm, Wednesday 18th March 2020 until further notice
But we are STILL here to Help!
Advice is still available by the following methods -
Text on 0743 461 3625 stating (i) your name (ii) your postcode (iii) the type of advice needed (for example DEBT, HOUSING, BENEFITS, or OTHER). We will then call you back on your mobile phone Do NOT Text any other details
Telephone Advice - call 03444 111 444. Lines open 09:00 am till 4:30 pm
(this will cost the same as calling any 01 or 02 number)
If you require a Foodbank voucher, please call 01562 60194 - This is strictly for Foodbank Vouchers only!
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Save Energy in Wyre Forest!
It’s Big Energy Saving Week!
Each year we take part in the national bid to get people saving money on their energy bills (and help the planet), and this year we’re saying
‘Use your power to make a big difference’
So, how can we do this?
Well, here are our top tips:
- A dripping tap can waste more than 5,300 litres of water a year, so make sure your taps are properly turned off and change washers promptly when taps start to drip
- A running tap wastes more than 6 litres of water every minute, so turn off the tap while brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing your face.
- Replace your bulbs as and when you can with energy efficient LEDs – on average it could save about £35 a year on bills.
- Switch off lights when you’re not using them – you could save £14 a year
- Switch off standby – this could save you £35 per year. And don’t forget to unplug devices that are being charged unnecessarily!
- Installing a room thermostat, a programmer and thermostatic radiator valves and using these controls efficiently could save you around £75 a year.
OK, anything else?
Check if you are eligible for the Warm Home Discount. Energy suppliers can provide rebates to households on certain benefits. The amount you get back is £140 and you should contact your electricity supplier directly to see if you qualify.
If anyone in your household is receiving benefits, contact your energy supplier and see what support they can provide. They should be able to tell you what help is available through the Energy Company Obligation
A home energy check to find out about savings of up to £130 a year on household energy bills. Visit the Simple Energy Advice website and get personalised energy savings advice: https://www.simpleenergyadvice.org.uk/
We spoke to our operations staff, Mark, who has a top tip:
“I used my supplier’s website to see what their cheapest deal was as we were coming to the end of our fixed tariff. They told me the cheapest was a few quid shorter than what we were currently paying. Not bad, but not enough.
So, I went on a popular price comparison website and with the same supplier, it suggested a plan that was even cheaper! I rang my energy supplier back and told them what I’d found, and they agreed to it.
So just because it’s not on your supplier’s website doesn’t mean they don’t do it, you may just have to shop around on price comparison sites to find it.”
Price comparison sites include:
- Money Supermarket
- Compare the Market
- Go Compare
- Money Saving Expert
- Simply Switch
- My Utility Genuis
Or, of course, our own!
If you’re still unsure on why your heating bills are so high, or you’d like help to compare other suppliers and switch, then contact us – call 03444 111 444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll be made an appointment if you can’t be helped entirely over the phone
Save today! You can also pick up a free thermostat to stick on your fridge for a limited time only! (From New Road office)